Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Weather

Hello to all! I think Spring has finally arrived in South Louisiana! I am sooooo excited. I have been patiently waiting (now I hope I'm not disappointed next week because we do get a cold spell around Easter) but for now it is wonderful.
We have decided that the weather is finally right to begin planting in our flower bed. When we moved into our house last summer there were just some overgrown shrubs in the front so we pulled all those up and laid new flower beds but never did get anything planted. Now we are ready to begin. Heath is outside now tilling up the flower beds then he will move to the back where we are going to attempt our first garden. Well I don't know if you could call it a garden or not. I think we are only going to try tomatoes and possibly squash or cucumbers but hey you gotta start somewhere right.
Brent has gone to Ron & Ellen's (aunt and uncle) for the weekend. They are his second set of grandparents....he is going to help Leah work in the yard there. He gets paid for that work so I think he thought it was the better deal besides the fact that he practically lives there anyway.
Well must run so that we can hit Lowes to purchase flowers etc for our projects. Wish me luck! Hopefully by tonight I'll be able to post for ya'll to drive on by and see my beautiful yard:)

9 comments:

blondyluvzyou said...

Haven't talked to you for a while, so I thought I would say hi! :)... Michael had no comment about "purple and gold" being the best colors in the world! HAHA! He did laugh though!
Michael took me to the GBS banquet and I posted some pictures of it on my blog. We had so much fun!
Well, I hope you have an awesome day! I am in Texas right now! We're going to Corpus Cristi!

blondyluvzyou said...

:) Corpus Cristi is way down south! It's hot here! haha It was in the 90's yesterday. My uncle (who drives our bus for us sometimes...) is flying down here tonight and driving us all night, so that we can be home by tomorrow! :) That will be nice.... It is SUCH a long drive!
Hope you are doing good! What is the weather like over there? We got a big snow storm last weekend in Cincinnati and had to cancel the video shoot! We got about 15 inches! Oh my! haha. :)... We had fun though! Michael came over and we rode the fourwheelers in the snow!
Have a good rest of the day today! :)

Michelle said...

Hey Courtney, the weather here has been gorgeous the last couple of days. I can't even imagine getting snow right now. I love the cold weather but I am ready for the warm stuff...the only thing is we don't really get much spring time here it will go right into the hot humid weather. I can't believe it was 90 in Corpus Christi...WOW that is warm. You will have culture shock going back to Cinn huh? Have a safe trip home. Enjoy your week and tell Michael hello for me.

blondyluvzyou said...

Guess what?? We are traveling through Lousiana right now! At about 7 this morning we passed right through the Lake Charles/Baton Rouge area! I had no clue! I was sleeping! haha. We had to pick up my uncle in Houston last night, so I guess this is the route we are taking to get home! :) Michael said we should have stopped by to say HI! haha

Michelle said...

Oh wow that would have been awesome. Can you imagine my surprise.....would have loved to seen you though....yes if you passed through Lake Charles you actually passed right by Crowley about 45 minutes later. We live approximately 4 miles from the interstate. How is Michael doing? Is he going to go home for Easter? I know you will be glad to get home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed is there? Have a safe trip an I'll talk to you soon:)

blondyluvzyou said...

Hey there! :)
Yes! Michael was home for Easter! The crazy guy went skiing the day before. Needless to say he has been sore all weekend. HA! Guys are crazy!
I can't believe we passed so close to ya'll! I was sound asleep. haha!
I hope you had a great Easter weekend! We were in New York this year... It was a long drive!

Hope you have a great day!

blondyluvzyou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blondyluvzyou said...

Hey there! :)
I saw Michael tonight... I went to GBS to watch him play basketball. He is such a sweetie. We had a good time! The poor guy is so worn out though! I think he needs a long week or two at home with no work and no school. Thankfully his Spring break is coming up soon!
My e-mail address is courtney_1991@yahoo.com
I think it will be easier to write back and forth on there. :) haha!
Hope you are having a great night!
Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.